A Little Bit About Me:
Tahnsi [Hello in Cree]! I am a member of the Chippewa Cree Tribe of the Rocky Boy Indian Reservation, Montana. I am a graphic designer and an illustrator. I work both in digital illustration and hand-drawn illustration to celebrate my heritage and all of Indian Country. My life passions and creative interests include: Indigenous language revitalization, comics, video games, humor, Indigenous representation in pop culture, fiction writing, painting, and cats, especially cats.
Some Projects I Have Worked On:
Poster art/layout, business cards, brochures, apparel/embroidery design, tattoo art, teaching materials (books, worksheets, alphabet charts), regalia design, board game design, card box design, character illustration, children's storybook illustration and layout, logo design, and infographics.
Graphic Design Tools of Choice:
Pencils, ink, watercolor, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Spark, and yes, you guessed it, the old, the faithful, the proud, Paint.
Institute of American Indian Arts (2013)
Associate of Fine Arts in Interactive Graphic Design
Certificate in Business & Entrepreneurship
University of Montana-Missoula (2017)
Bachelor of Arts in Native American Studies
Minor in Studio Art
University of Arizona (2019)
Master of Arts in Linguistics
Emphasis in Native American Languages & Linguistics
10 Facts About Me:
1. My favorite colors are royal purple and teal.
2. My favorite animal is a lioness (Jungle QUEEN).
3. My favorite musician is Florence (Welch) + The Machine.
4. I have a major sweet tooth, and I live for chocolate and cake.
5. I love drinking coffee at night.
6. I collect beaded earrings and shell earrings.
7. I'm working on becoming a fluent Cree speaker.
8. My favorite Marvel superhero is Spiderman.
9. My favorite DC superhero is Batman.
10. I am a tattoo enthusiast, and I love designing tattoos.